In our efforts to keep every race safe and fair, there are specific rules we have adopted and in some cases modified to ensure you and your families safety, as well as making the events fair for everyone.
1. Yelling at or using profanities in any way shape or form towards 3D staff or support crew will not be tolerated and will result in automatic disqualification and could result in a suspension from events.
2. Wetsuits will not be allowed in water above 80 degrees.
3. The filming of an athlete on a course will result in a disqualification.
4. Pacing will not be questioned. You cannot follow or be followed by a fellow athlete, friend, or family member at any time on the course by any means. This will be deemed pacing and therefore will result in disqualification.
5. Changing swim/start waves or switching events without informing event management BEFORE an event begins will result in disqualification.
6. Adjusting or moving another athletes gear in the transition area when their gear was placed first will result in a 5:00 minute penalty.
7. Throwing trash on the course at any time before, during, or after will result in a 5:00 time penalty for the first offense and disqualification on the second. Designated trash throwing areas are only at aid station spots and approximately 25m before and after.
8. Failure to comply with emergency vehicles and event management staff during an event will result in automatic disqualification. Emergency vehicles and personnel have the right away at all times and an athlete must give them that right away by doing everything possible to get out of the way.
Specific to Multi-Sport events, your governing body for this event is Multi-Sport America. The rules set forth by the governing body will be adhered to in most cases. However this event is owned and operated by 3 Disciplines, therefore we reserve the right as the owner, developer host of the event to add to, modify, or increase enforcement of a rules.
Specific to Multi-sport:
The center line violation rule will result in a disqualification! An athlete cannot cross the center line for any reason whatsoever. This is extremely dangerous and could result in serious injury or death therefore will not be tolerated.
USA Track & Field & RRCA rules will be will be enforced with running specific events.
Event management reserves the right to postpone, change format, modify courses, or cancel the event at any time. The safety of athletes, staff, support crew, and officials is our top priority and will never be compromised.
Event management is not responsible for late arrivals, athletes not finding a venue, misdirected, or delayed for any reason. Late arrivals will NOT be issued a chip and strap and you will not be allowed in the transition area once it is closed. Again, there will be NO refunds for any reason.
Event management reserves the right to cancel an event due to inclement weather or the POTENTIAL of inclement weather. Every attempt will be made to host an event whether in it’s advertised form or altered form. Meaning a triathlon could be modified to a duathlon. A 1500m swim could be made a 500m swim, etc. A half marathon run could be made a 5k run, etc. Under any circumstance a refund or transfer will not be issued. Athletes safety will not be compromised.
If an event has mandatory bike check-in, you must check in your bike during the allotted check in times typically the day before. Failure to do so will mean you are not going to race and again no refunds will be given.
These rules are in place for a reason and deviation of them is not fair to the hundreds of athletes that follow the rules.
First time event, Athlete Experience:
Athletes participating in his/her first "long course" event will result in an interview with the onsite race director. His/her experience will be considered in a personal interview with the race director on site if a question of ability to safely finish is at stake. Failure to comply with the race directors decision will result in a disqualification if there is an un-willingness on an athletes part to change events. Safety will NOT be compromised under any circumstances.
Age participation rules:
Kids 17 and under may NOT compete in half ironman distance events.
Kids must be 10 yrs. of age to compete in adult sprint events.
The race director will have final say for anyone racing at any event.
A lost chip will be billed directly to the athlete for a $40 fee and may result in no times for event. It is in no way event managements responsibility to post a time for an athlete who has lost his/her chip during an event. It is his/her responsibility to ensure that chip is on at all times.
An un-paid bounced check will mean you will be put on the "banned" list. Not a great list to be on if you plan on racing in the future. If you made a mistake with your banking, we understand, but just be sure we are paid after corrections are made.
A tshirt is only guaranteed if the athlete registered by the 14 day cut-off for pre-registration.
3D has a "lost and found" bin. If you have lost something during a race, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All race fees are non-refundable. No refunds are allowed.
Transfer to Another Race
Transfers to another 3 Disciplines owned event are allowed. All transfers must be completed two weeks prior to the event in which you are registered or the event you would like to transfer to whichever is sooner. The transfer fee is $15.00 plus any potential difference in race fee.
Events that do not fall under our transfer policy include: Cannonball Run, Sister Lakes, Xterra Rockport Rugged and I Tri for Mac.
Transfers may be made within the current race season only.
Transfer to Another Distance
You may switch between the Olympic and Sprint distances at any event. Please contact us at email@example.com to change your distance or you may do so at the registration tent at the event. No fee to change distance.