Pegasus Night Bike Night Run
Super cool, Super fun, Super dark.
Trail running starts at sunset, 6:30 - 6: 45. Trails are marked with glow sticks and tape signs. Aid stations are lit with LED. Multiple distances to choose from and relay teams are available with camping on site. Those biking will start approximately between 9 and 9:20. (once the run course is clear)
Start times are up to the athletes, you have a window of 15 minutes to cross the start mats and head out on the course for both events.
Holly Recreation areas great trail for which we use for the triathlon event in August will be the course with a shorter version for the short distance race.
Great post-race dinner with hot chocolate, coffee, chicken soup, and more. Everyone receives a glow stick, headlamp, and custom apparel.
Date / Location
Saturday, October 28, 2019
*6:30pm - 6:45pm - all runners must cross the timing mats by 6:45 pm.
*9:15pm - 9:30 pm - all bikers must cross the timing mats by 9:30 pm.
Holly Recreation Area
5k - Night Trail Run
5.5 mi. Night Trail Run
11 mi. - Night Trail Run (two loops)
Fat Tire, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Gravel Bike
Distances coming soon.
Finish will include snacks for participants and athlete appreciation memorabilia.
- T-Shirts: Only Online Series registrants, and individuals who order T-shirts ala carte, 14 days prior to the first event will be guaranteed a T-Shirt in the size specific. Remaining shirts will be sold at the events until inventories are exhausted.
- Sponsor supplied samples
- Professional chip timing with results available online
- Great sponsor supplied raffle and awards ceremony following the last finisher
- The best post race snack table out there
Shawn and his staff at Holly Recreation Area
The Pegasus Constellation was named by Greek astronomer Ptolemy in the 2nd century after the mythological winged horse.
The constellation is actually upside down. When flipped it makes the shape of the horse. The “Square of Pegasus” marks the constellation, the 4 stars that make it are all 10 degrees.
- Pegasus leapt from the body of Gorgon Medusa after she was beheaded by Perseus.
- The hero Bellerophon tamed Pegasus, leading him to believe he could fly Pegasus to Olympus to join the gods.
- Zeus sent a horsefly to bite Pegasus, making Bellerophon lose control of the horse and fall back to Earth.
- Pegasus made the journey and stayed with Zeus transporting his thunder and lightning.
- Zeus eventually placed the horse among the stars.