3D – USA – Multi-Sport Festival
The storied history of this venue speaks for itself, site of multiple World Long Course Championships back in the “Endurathon” days. Prairie Creek reservoir where Kenny did one of his first triathlons back in 1989 sets the scene, the courses are a bit different now but the venue remains the same. So this has a little more meaning with it and why we are excited to bring this to you.
Bottom line, there is something for everyone here, come on out and enjoy a day of health, fun and fitness.
UCOVID-19 Event Prevention Guidelines
COVID-19 Event Prevention Guidelines
3D – USA Multi-Sport Festival, Muncie, IN. 9.26
Event Specific Guidelines: This section will be specific to each event (USA Multi-Sport Festival, Muncie, IN.) based on venue availability, amenities, space available, parking, facilities, ingress and egress to the venue and resources available in the community. Start times for time trial starts to get as many athletes participating as possible while keeping the gathering limits within state mandates and athletes and potential spectators safe and practicing physical distancing.
Based on a current gathering limits per event: (the gathering number changes the timeline less numbers equal closer timeline) For example based on gathering limits of 250 per event start times: Determined by your race number, as well as each states mass gathering status: actual race numbers may vary.
Event #1 – 9:00 a.m. USA Half = (1 – 120) specifically all USA Half Ironman distance athletes racing in the event.(1.2mi. Swim, 56mi. Bike, 13.1 mile run)
Event #2 – 9:30 a.m. USA Olympic triathlon (121 – 250) specifically all Olympic distance athletes racing in the event. (1500m swim 40k bike, 10k run)
Event #3 – 9:45 a.m. USA Duathlon (251 – 350) specifically all Duathlon
Event #4 – 9:50 a.m. USA Running (351 – 400) specifically all Runners
Event #5 – 9:55 a.m. USA Sprint triathlon (400 – 450) specifically all Sprint Athletes in water (500m swim, 20k bike, 5k run)
Event #6 – 10:10 a.m. USA Super Sprint Triathlon (451 – 499) specifically all Super Sprint athletes in water (200m swim, 10k bike, 1mi. run)
This is a contactless, touchless event. There will be NO day before packet pickup/registration, there will be NO day of packet pickup/registration. This will eliminate gathering points before the event.
Pre Race We will communicate to all athletes pre-registered 4 times prior to the event on Saturday. It is the athletes responsibility to ensure he/she is receiving event communications via email. Constant Contact and Chronotrack as well as Facebook. This means if he/she has “opted out” they MUST opt back in. To ensure he/she has agreed with their mail provider to receive emails from us using those platforms. This is how 3 Disciplines will be communicating important and up to date safety information. Athletes will be pre-assigned a race number based on registration date. They will receive this in a specific email from the head timer on Friday. A board will be posted before the transition area when arriving on site so they may proceed directly to the transition area to their rack.That number dictates your spot in transition rack as well as start position.
Athletes Responsibilities (MUST adhere to these guidelines)
- Closely monitor your health 14 days leading up the event
2. Maintain a healthy condition; do not come to an event if you are feeling ill, have a temperature, sore throat, groggy, or otherwise feel off
3. Arrive with a mask on please.
4. ALWAYS maintain physical distancing at all times please.
5. Do Not shake hands, high five, fist bump, etc.
6. Cough or sneeze in a tissue or elbow
7. Avoid touching your face
8. Remember you must still sanitize even if you are wearing masks and gloves
9. Do not share equipment
10. Any athletes 65 yrs. or older are at an elevated risk
11. Online pre-registration ONLY this will close at 6:00 p.m. Thursday evening.
12. You must show your USAT card and driver’s license at transition check, PLEASE HAVE THIS READY AS YOU APPROACH THE CHECK-IN TABLE. This will speed up the process to get you in transition. Do not arrive last minute.
13. You will get your temperature checked at the transition check-in. If you do not pass you will not be allowed to participate and kindly asked to leave the venue.
- There will be 4 – 5 tables set up in staggered setting inside the check-in at Bike in/out.
- NO athletes will be allowed in Run in/out!
16. Upon finishing, you will follow the chute stopping at the chairs to remove your timing chip/strap and please re-velcro and place in the sanitizer bucket, then proceed to receive your finisher medal, packaged snack, water/gatorade endurance/ pepsi product and then you MUST proceed directly to the transition area through bike in/out where you will collect your gear and exit the EVENT venue. Through run in / run out. DO NOT come back out Bike in/Bike out.
- There will be no “Gathering” hanging out inside the finish chute or transition area. If you are going to relax, PLEASE do so in the parking area. We must limit any potential additional gathering points within the fenced/flagged venue area.
18. Showers will be open at the venue beach house.
Transition Area The transition area will only have one entry point and exit point. (ENTRY = bike in/out. EXIT = run in/out) DO NOT enter at the exit! Before entering the transition area you will have your temperature checked via infrared check. You will proceed to your designated spot on the rack in transition based on your race. Your race number, timing chip, swim cap, directions will be waiting for you at your spot. Maintain Physical Distancing at all times. There will be 2 transition areas, one for the Half Iron distance athletes, closest to the road. All other athletes will be on the water side. Racking will be only 5 bikes per rack, versus the typical 7 – 8. Athletes will rack bikes in alternating fashion using seat tip, one on the right, one on the left and so on. That will give space for physical distancing.
Time Trial Starting Line Start lines for the swim will be chuted with flagging only accommodating one person. This is where athletes MUST practice social distancing maintaining their 2m between each fellow athlete indicated by cones in the sand. Those starts will be based on your race number. Simply put, number #1 goes first, #2 second, #3 next and so on. Cones will be placed in the chute 2m apart for physical distancing. Running events and Duathlons will use the road adjacent to the beach indicated by red start flag.
Aid Stations Aid stations will have hand sanitizer. Support crew members with gloves and face mask will be at each filling cups. It is the athletes responsibility to slow so they may get what they require. In addition there will be cut bananas, pepsi, pickles in cup, and vaseline at each aid station. There will be a garbage bin 20m down from that point. It is the athletes responsibility to dispose of the cup. This will be a penalty for non compliance. It’s recommended that athletes carry their own small flask of hydration if they prefer.
Bike / Run Courses If in the event an athlete comes up on another athlete it is recommended by the WHO, IOC and WTO athletes maintain a 3m zone. Simply put, if you are going to pass, pass. Don’t hangout behind someone. When passing, keep a safe distance with the other athlete. Drafting on the bike will be strictly enforced on the bike.
Finish Again, contactless/touchless – Finish lines will be extended. Following your finish you will continue down the chute. Along the chute a table will have finisher medals and hand sanitizer. At the end of the chute you will have a bin indicating TIMING CHIPS filled with disinfectant. YOU will remove your chip and strap, RE-VELCRO and place it in the bin. Then continue down the chute to a water /Gatorade table. This is self-serve filled cups on the tables. One Support crew member will keep the tables stocked. Following that you MUST proceed through the CHECK – OUT chute. This will be located at the BIKE IN/OUT transition area. A support crew member will ensure you have turned in your chip/strap and then you will be directed when to enter, grab your gear and immediately exit to the parking lot. You will not be allowed to hang out/mingle as the venue must get clear for the next wave of athletes to enter. You shall exit the event venue and proceed to your vehicle.
Results / Awards Will be available online and emailed directly to each athlete. There will be a CURBSIDE Award Pick-up set up at the corner near run out, beginning at approximately 11:30 you may pickup your award curbside. Half athletes pickup will begin approximately 3:00 p.m. If you wish to depart immediately please fill out the award form online.
* Friends, Family, Spectators (MUST adhere to these guidelines) Please ensure if you MUST bring them that they are in masks, gloves and practicing physical Distancing protocol throughout the venue. We are asking that you do not bring friends, family and spectators to the event.
** If athletes, spectators or support crew do not adhere to guidelines, 3 Disciplines reserve the right to ask them to leave the event venue.
3 Disciplines Protocol
- All entry/exit points will have hand sanitizer
2. All aid stations will have hand sanitizer
3. Pre race/Post race registration, interaction is eliminated. Only online registration is accepted 4. USAT cards and driver’s licenses will be checked upon entry into the transition area 5. Support Crew will be kept to a minimum, essential only
6. All TEAM and Support Crew will be checked for temperature and recorded
7. All TEAM and Support Crew will wear gloves and masks
8. Venue will be designed with a FLOW THRU design ensuring athletes are in a constant one
way flow, this will take extra time to set up, but keep athletes flowing through the event and departure.
9. Transition area will have only one entry point, which will be at BIKE IN/OUT. Exit will be RUN
10. Transition racking will be only 5 bikes per rack in alternating fashion on either side
11. Event/Course meetings will take place in the transition area ensuring athletes are staying at
their spot on the rack maintaining physical distancing mandated at that time per state guidelines.
12. Events will maintain our mandatory time trial start. Athletes’ start will be determined by
his/her race number.
13. Time trial start chute will be designed to accommodate one athlete wide, athletes MUST adhere to the 2m distance in the chute indicated by the cones in the chute.
15. There will not be any fresh food served, packaged snacks only.
17. There will be a spot just past the finish line for athletes to take timing strap off and place in bin, followed by table for finisher medal, followed by table for water/Gatorade Endurance, then the chute will be built to take athletes directly into the transition area for venue departure.
* Property of 3-D Racing, LLC