AGE GROUP EVENTS:
Olympic Triathlon – 1500m swim, 40k bike, 10k run
Sprint Triathlon – 500m swim, 20k bike, 5k run
Sprint Duathlon – 2.5k run, 20k bike, 5k run
Olympic Aquabike – 1500m swim, 40k bike
Sprint Aquabike – 500m swim, 20k bike
Super Sprint – 200m swim, 10k bike, 1mi. run
KAYATRI – 2 mi. (SUP, Kayak, Canoe) 20k bike, 5k run
**2 and 3 person relays offered for both the Olympic and Sprint Distance Triathlon
For all the event information go here this year
Mountain Collegiate Triathlon Championships
MOUNTAIN TRIATHLON CONFERENCE TEAMS*
Northern Arizona University, Arizona State University,
University of Arizona, University of Wyoming, Weber State,
University of Colorado, Colorado State University,
United States Air Force Academy, University of Colorado,
Colorado Springs(UCCS), University of Colorado, Boulder(CU, )
Colorado School of Mines, New Mexico State University,
Brigham Young University, Utah Valley University
all event information here this year
Entry Fees: Ind. Relays*
5.28 – 6.30 $105 $150
7.1 – 9.30 $115 $180
10.1 to online close $130 $180
Day Before / Day of: Add $20
Onsite Day before / Day of CASH ONLY!
Closes the Wednesday before the event at midnight
Onsite Registration – CASH ONLY
Must pay a $15 One Day Fee (collected ONSITE cash or check ONLY)
This fee was NOT collected online
- Custom event shirt
- Custom finishers medal
- Sponsor supplied samples
- Professional chip timing with results available online
- Awards to top three in each age group
- Great sponsor supplied raffle and awards ceremony following the last finisher
- The best post race snack table out there
Plenty of parking around the venue at the lake state park. Please follow signs upon arriving.
WHERE IS LAKE HAVASU?
At first glance, Lake Havasu City may seem a little off the beaten track. It is, however, extremely accessible and very inexpensive to get to. Flights to Las Vegas, at the time this information was prepared, were averaging under $300 a flight from most cities. Once in Lake Havasu City, you will not need a rental car or other transportation. For those driving to the Havasu Triathlon, Lake Havasu City is in close proximity to major freeways, is only 4 hours from Southern California, 3 hours from Phoenix and only 2 hours from Las Vegas.
Driving (directions are for illustration only)
1. From Los Angeles (280 miles): I-10 towards San Bernadino; I-15 North toward Barstow to I-40 east; south on State Route 95, 17 miles to Lake Havasu
2. From San Francisco (580 miles) I-5 south; CA Route 58 east (exit 257) toward Barstow; I-15 toward Las Vegas for 4 miles to I-40 east; south on State Route 95, 17 miles to Lake Havasu
3. From Denver (960 miles): I-25 south to I-40 west; south on State Route 95, 17 miles to Lake Havasu
4. From Dallas (1170 miles): I-35 north to US-82 to US-287 North; I-40 west; south on State Route 95, 17 miles to Lake Havasu
5. From Chicago (1850 miles) I-55 south; I-44 west; I-40 west; State Route 95 south, 17 miles to Lake Havasu
6. From New York (2500 miles) I-78 west to I-76 west to I-70 west; I-44 west; I-40 west; south on State Route 95, 17 miles to Lake Havasu.
The Lake Havasu Tourism Bureau recommends that athletes fly into Las Vegas (although Phoenix is a cheap and easy alternative). The reasons to fly into Las Vegas are:
1. It is the closest major airport to Lake Havasu
2. There are regular shuttles from the Vegas airport to Havasu
2. It is only about a 2 hour drive from Lake Havasu
3. Airfares to Las Vegas, because of the casinos and entertainment in Las Vegas, are the cheapest of any airfares in the country. Additionally, there are many specials and sales offered on airfares to Las Vegas throughout the year.LODGING
The Havasu Triathlon takes place in the middle of Spring Break so we encourage you to make your reservations early.
Our host hotel is the Quality Inn. Please call (928) 855-1111 and ask for the triathlon rate.
Packet Pick is at the host hotel on Friday, March 13, 2020 from 3pm to 8pm.
Camping is at Havasu State Park (space limited) and at Crazy Horse Campground.
For other lodging options go to www.golakehavasu.com.
SHIPPING YOUR BIKE?
Ship it to the Havasu Triathlon\’s Host Hotel:
THE QUALITY INN
271 S. LAKE HAVASU AVE
LAKE HAVASU CITY, 86403
Just be a guest at the Quality Inn and address the bike to yourself and the Quality Inn will hold your bike for you.
Note that our bike mechanic will not be available to assemble your bike for you at registration. If you need assistance assembling your bike please call Havasu Bike and Fitness to make arrangements.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR BIKE?
151 Swanson Ave, Suite A&B, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Call Craig at 928-453-9777 if you are going to ship your bike to Havasu Bike & Fitness for assembly prior to the race. Remember, please plan ahead as, due to demand, this service may not be available several days before the race.
We will not have a mechanic at registration. Havasu Bike & Fitness is across the street from the host hotel and a mechanic will be standing by there to help you with minor bike adjustment needs. A mechanic from Havasu Bike & Fitness will be at the Transition Area race morning. Note that the mechanic will be available for minor adjustments only. All repairs should be done before the race at the shop.
JET SKI RENTALS
Havasu is famous for jet skiing with miles of shoreline to explore. The best place to rent jet skis is at:
At the Bridge Rentals
1425 McCulloch Blvd (under the bridge on the island)
Lake Havasu City, AZ86403
At the Bridge Rentals is providing the jetskis for our Lifeguards and making for a much safer swim on Race Morning. If you are looking to rent jetskis during your trip to Havasu we urge you to support our sponsors and rent from At the Bridge Rentals.
Police, Sheriff, State Police
Parks and Recreation
City of Lake Havasu