Why this race, venue? CLOSED COURSE!!! No vehicles to worry about on the bike course.
Holly Recreation Area provides a plethora of both rustic and modern camping sites as well as hiking, fishing and other family activities.
The course we have developed over 10 years now features a time trial swim start, straight out and back rectangle course. An entirely closed challenging bike course, rolling to hilly the entire route. It is a 3 mile straight to the back of the park, so you will complete 1, 2, or 4 loops. The new Gravel course will take you around the recreation area on gravel roads with few homes which is a rolling course as well.
The run course is one of our top 3 favorite courses, cut specifically 6 years ago just for this event which will take you on a half trail run, half pavement course.
Another great venue to bring the family for a nice picnic following the event.
COVID-19 Event Prevention Guidelines
Michigan Tri/Du Championships – Holly Recreation Area 9.19/20
Event Specific Guidelines: This section will be specific to each event (Mi tri/du champs) based on venue availability, amenities, space available, parking, facilities, ingress and egress to the venue and resources available in the community. Start times for waves to get as many athletes participating as possible while keeping the gathering limits within state mandates.
Based on a current gathering limits of : 100(the gathering number changes the timeline less numbers equal closer timeline) For example based on gathering limites of 100 Start Times: Determined by your race number, as well as each STATES mass gathering status: (Based on the Governors 100 gathering size limits for the Oakland county area currently)
8:00 am = (1 – 90) specifically all Olympic distance athletes racing in the event. (1500m swim 40k bike, 10k run) This is a contactless, touchless event.
Pre Race It is the athletes responsibility to ensure he/she is receiving event communications via email. Constant Contact and Chronotrack as well as Facebook. This means if he/she has “opted out” they MUST opt back in. To ensure he/she has agreed with their mail provider to receive emails from us using those platforms. This is how 3 Disciplines will be communicating important and up to date safety information. Athletes will be pre-assigned a race number based on registration date. They will receive this in several emails the week of each event. A board will be posted before the transition area when arriving on site so they may proceed directly to the transition area to their rack.That number dictates your rack as well as start position.
Athletes Responsibilities (MUST adhere to these guidelines)
- Closely monitor your health 14 days leading up the event
2. Maintain a healthy condition; do not come to an event if you are feeling ill, have a
temperature, sore throat, groggy, or otherwise feel off
3. Arrive with a mask and gloves on
4. ALWAYS maintain physical distancing at all times
5. Do Not shake hands, high five, fist bump, etc.
6. Cough or sneeze in a tissue or elbow
7. Avoid touching your face
8. Remember you must still sanitize even if you are wearing masks and gloves
9. Do not share equipment
10. Any athletes 65 yrs. or older are at an elevated risk
11. Online pre-registration ONLY
12. You must show your USAT card and driver’s license at transition check
13. You will get your temperature checked. If you do not pass you will not be allowed to
participate and kindly asked to leave the venue.
14. Upon finishing, you will follow the chute to receive your finisher medal and proceed directly to the transition area where you will collect your gear and exit the EVENT venue.
* Property of 3-D Racing, LLC
Transition Area The transition area will only have one entry point and exit point. DO NOT enter at the exit! Before entering the transition area you will have your temperature checked via infrared check. You will proceed to your designated spot on the rack in transition based on your race. Your race number, timing chip, swim cap, directions will be waiting for you at your spot. Maintain Physical Distancing at all times. There will be 1 transition area holding 90 spots, you will rack alternating sides with 4 bikes per row, 2 per side. That will give 2m space to ensure physical distancing.
Time Trial Starting Line Start lines will be chuted with flagging only accommodating one person. This is where athletes MUST practice social distancing maintaining their 2m between each fellow athlete. those starts will be based on your race number. Simply put, number #1 goes first, #2 second, #3 next and so on. Cones will be placed in the chute 2m apart for physical distancing.
Aid Stations Aid stations will have hand sanitizer. Only one support crew member with gloves and face mask will be at each filling cups. It is the athletes responsibility to grab or slow so they may get what they require. There will be a garbage bin 20m down from that point. It is the athletes responsibility to dispose of the cup. This will be a penalty for non compliance. It’s recommended that athletes carry their own small flask of hydration if they prefer.
Bike / Run Courses If in the event an athlete comes up on another athlete it is recommended by the WHO, IOC and WTO athletes maintain a 3m zone. Simply put, if you are going to pass, pass. Don’t hangout behind someone. When passing, keep a safe distance with the other athlete. Drafting on the bike will be strictly enforced on the bike.
Finish Again, contactless/touchless – Finish lines will be extended. Following your finish you will continue down the chute. Along the chute a table will have finisher medals and hand sanitizer. At the end of the chute you will have a bin indicating TIMING CHIPS filled with disinfectant. YOU will remove your chip and strap, RE-VELCRO and place it in the bin. Then continue down the chute to a water /Gatorade table. This is self-serve filled cups on the tables. One Support crew member will keep the tables stocked. Following that you MUST proceed through the CHECK – OUT chute. This will be located at the BIKE IN/OUT transition area. A support crew member will ensure you have turned in your chip/strap and then you will be directed when to enter, grab your gear and immediately exit to the parking lot. You will not be allowed to hang out/mingle as the venue must get clear for the next wave of athletes to enter. You shall exit the event venue and proceed to your vehicle.
Results / Awards Will be available online and emailed directly to each athlete. There will be a CURBSIDE Award Pick-up set up at the corner near run out, beginning at approximately 11:30 you may pickup your award curbside. Sprint athletes on Sunday will be approximately 10-10:30.
* Friends, Family, Spectators (MUST adhere to these guidelines) Please ensure if you MUST bring them that they are in masks, gloves and practicing physical Distancing protocol throughout the venue. They will absolutely NOT be allowed in any chute or transition area and in close proximity of the event or athletes participating. There is plenty of space in and around the park to spectate at a distance. There are absolutely NO vehicles allowed back in the park so please do not try to sneak back there. This is for the athletes safety.
** If athletes, spectators or support crew do not adhere to guidelines, 3 Disciplines reserve the right to ask them to leave the event venue.
* Property of 3-D Racing, LLC.
3 Disciplines Protocol
- All entry/exit points will have hand sanitizer
2. All aid stations will have hand sanitizer
3. Pre race/Post race registration, interaction is eliminated. Only online registration is accepted 4. USAT cards and driver’s licenses will be checked upon entry into the transition area 5. Support Crew will be kept to a minimum, essential only
6. All TEAM and Support Crew will be checked for temperature and recorded 7. All TEAM and Support Crew will wear gloves and masks 8. Venue will be designed with a FLOW THRU design ensuring athletes are in a constant one
way flow, this will take extra time
9. Transition area will have only one entry point, which will be at BIKE IN/OUT. Exit will be RUN
10. Transition racking will be only 4 bikes per rack in alternating fashion on either side
11. Event/Course meetings will take place in the transition area ensuring athletes are staying at
their spot on the rack maintaining physical distancing mandated at that time per state guidelines.
12. Events will maintain our mandatory time trial start. Athletes’ start will be determined by
his/her race number.
13. Time trial start chute will be designed to accommodate one athlete wide, athletes MUST adhere to the 2m distance in the chute indicated by the cones in the chute.
15. There will not be any fresh food served.
16. Support crew will wipe down to sanitize bike racks upon athletes departure making way for the next race on Sunday
17. There will be a spot just past the finish line for athletes to take timing strap off and place in bin, followed by table for finisher medal, followed by table for water/Gatorade Endurance, then the chute will be built to take athletes directly into the transition area for venue departure
* Property of 3-D Racing, LLC