In our efforts to keep every race safe and fair, there are specific rules we have adopted and in some cases modified to ensure you and your families safety, as well as making the events fair for everyone.
1. Yelling at or using profanities in any way shape or form towards 3D staff or support crew will not be tolerated and will result in automatic disqualification and could result in a suspension from events.
2. Wetsuits will not be allowed in water above 80 degrees.
3. The filming of an athlete on a course will result in a disqualification.
4. Pacing will not be questioned. You cannot follow or be followed by a fellow athlete, friend, or family member at any time on the course by any means. This will be deemed pacing and therefore will result in disqualification.
5. Changing swim/start waves or switching events without informing event management BEFORE an event begins will result in disqualification.
6. Adjusting or moving another athlete’s gear in the transition area when their gear was placed first will result in a 5:00 minute penalty.
7. Throwing trash on the course at any time before, during, or after will result in a 5:00 minute penalty for the first offense and disqualification on the second. Designated trash throwing areas are only at aid station spots and approximately 25m before and after.
8. Failure to comply with emergency vehicles and event management staff during an event will result in automatic disqualification. Emergency vehicles and personnel have the right away at all times and an athlete must give them that right away by doing everything possible to get out of the way.
Specific to Multi-Sport events, your governing body for this event is USA Triathlon. The rules set forth by the governing body will be adhered to in most cases. However this event is owned and operated by 3 Disciplines, therefore we reserve the right as the owner, developer host of the event to add to, modify, or increase enforcement of a rules. Especially when safety could be compromised in any way. The safety of athletes will never be compromised in any way. If the water conditions are reported un-safe by the Coast Guard or officials, or are unsafe as deemed by the event director that swim course will be modified or canceled. There will be no refunds.
Specific to Multi-sport:
The center line violation rule will result in a disqualification! An athlete cannot cross the center line for any reason whatsoever. This is extremely dangerous and could result in serious injury or death therefore will not be tolerated.